Support Services Officer (m/f/d) – National Position
Malteser International (MI) is the international humanitarian relief agency of the Sovereign Order of Malta. For over 60 years we provide relief and recovery for people during and following conflicts and disasters around the world. Christian values and humanitarian principles form the foundations of our work. In over 30 countries in Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Middle East, we support people in need – regardless of their religion, origin or political convictions.
In the Middle East Region, MI is operating in the context of the humanitarian crisis in Syria since 2012 implementing emergency relief measures in Turkey, Syria, and Lebanon and since 2014 in Iraq. Malteser International’s programs cover needs mainly in the health sector and are mostly partner implemented. In Lebanon, Malteser International works in cooperation with the “Order of Malta Lebanon (OML)” to implement projects in the framework of humanitarian assistance and transitional aid funded by the German Federal Foreign Office and the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development. OML and MI are currently implementing a comprehensive multi-annual program, including several separate projects, to strengthen the social and health services of OML all over Lebanon and to further professionalize OML as a Non-Governmental Organization.
In support of this partner program and to reinforce the capacities of our local partner OML in Beirut, Lebanon, Malteser International is looking for an experienced Support Services Officer.
As the Support Services Officer you will be responsible for the finance and procurement related tasks of the Malteser International Programme in Lebanon. Within these responsibilities, you will need to ensure compliance with Malteser International’s and donor administrative, financial, procurement and logistic procedures in the work.
- Being the cashier of Lebanon’s office; keep and maintain the petty cash and responsible of booking all expenditures in the MI’s Finance booking system (Fundtrac light)
- Maintain proper filing systems for financial and procurement’s records and documents
- Ensure the financial and procurement’s processes and records of the projects are in line with Malteser and donor’s guidelines and requirements
- Process supplier’s payments, ensuring all expenditures are made only after all requisite approvals are obtained and the procurement guidelines have been followed and documents are properly supported
- Check all partner’s vouchers on a monthly basis and verify that all financial and procurement documentation and policies are compliant with MI’s and donor rules and regulations
- Acting as the focal point for all MI’s staff and visitors, supporting with e.g. welcome and reception, meeting room, taxi and hotel bookings, communication and arranging briefings, phones, etc.
- A minimum qualification of a bachelor’s degree in financial accounting, Business Administration/ Management, Economic Science, or related field
- A minimum of 3-4 years’ work experience in finance, procurement, or partnership in an INGO
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including being a good team player
- Excellent English language proficiency (written and oral)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook (or a similar software)
What we offer:
- Start date: July 2022
- Duty Station: Beirut, Lebanon
- Duration of contract: 1 year with possibility of extension depending on performance and budget’s availability
Working for Malteser International
Malteser is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession or origin.
Whether you work as a specialist on overseas service or in one of our regional offices - we offer you a challenging working environment in an experienced international team. More than 1,000 national and international staff are currently deployed in various crisis and disaster areas around the world as well as in our regional offices in Cologne and New York City. For more information please click here.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, kindly submit your extensive application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three professional references) online at our job portal until 03.07.2022.